Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Reading

Sometimes I kinda regret reading a book. The Road by Cormac McCarthy is one of those kind of books. I had a really hard time with this one. It is very dismal and depressing, and even when I try to think of deeper meanings, it is still dismal and depressing. This book is about a father and son traveling south after the Apocalypse. I am sorry that I can't recommend reading this book. I can only think of a few people that might enjoy it - Steve being one of them.

I have also finished Gilead. It was better, a bit slow, but enjoyable. This book is basically the observations and lessons learned of a small town preacher to his young son. I am always interested in seeing another's perspective on the world.

I am half way thru The Brief and Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao. Then I will get a new batch.

We are in Middlefield, Ohio right now. Our load should be ready in a couple of hours. We will take it to Atlanta and then go back up to Dalton for our next load. Which will probably be our load for the weekend.

Hope all is well with everyone, T

No comments: