Wednesday, December 10, 2008

California Sunshine

I hope everyone is on their final stretch of Christmas shopping. I am close. We got into L.A. yesterday morning, so we were able to get a few things done. No we still don't have a load out, and I am not sure what the issue is, last night was team night and it looks as tho all the other teams headed out. So, dispatch is getting a call from the lovely miss Tiff this morning. That is going to be a not fun phone call. I will be nice, but after the past 10 days or so, I really don't feel like it. We have had crappy miles and crappy loads, anyway, we were hoping we would get out of here in a timely manner, but I guess that was too much to hope for. Okay, enough whining.

Back to Christmas. We are a giftcard givin' couple again this year. There are a few things we have bought, but for the most part giftcards are where it is at. I hope people enjoy them, and it makes things easier on me. Trying to get a big truck into a post office is a pain in the behind. I have done a bit of crocheting - Steve's Grandma is in a resthome and doesn't have room for much stuff. But she has a bookshelf that she said she wanted doilies for, so I made her a couple of doilies. I need to starch them when we get to Steve's mom's house. I need to crochet more, I can tell in my stitches that I am out of practice.

I am still stumped on what to do for my Grandma, but everyone else is handled. I have really missed doing the holiday thing this year. I miss the tree, the cooking, the chaos. Doing all my shopping online leaves a bit to be desired. I bet if I was in it that I would be questioning my sanity, but I do miss it. Eventually I will get to do it all again.

Well, I am going to call dispatch and find out why we are still sitting here after 24 hours, and then I am going to go take a shower. Hope you all have a nice day, Love you T

1 comment:

Trisha said...

No shopping for us. But I still have much to do and finish before Christmas Eve. I will get your items in them mail to Steve's Mom on Thursday when Jarom gets paid.

Love you! Big Hugs!
Trisha