Thursday, December 18, 2008

And the Sky is blue again,

Ended up making Beef Mushroom and Barley stew last night. It was one of those, see what ya got and turn it into something edible, you hope, meals. It was a pared down version of my Beef and Barley Stew. It was very good. Tonight is Chicken Tacos and Spanish Rice - This is always good.

The rain has stopped and roads are opening back up. A few friends have headed out of town and a few more are finding their way into town. We are still waiting for the pickup to be fixed. Hopefully this afternoon. The shop apologized for it taking so long, they are short a mechanic or two, so things are taking twice as long as usual. Oh Well. They are fixing it, that is all that matters.

I was thinking yesterday, that this is really the first large money issue we have had with the truck since Mom gave it to me. I guess it isn't too large money, but anything over 500.00 is big to me. We have done the typical upkeep, but this is really the first breakdown or problem we have had and Mom gave me the truck 5 years ago, I think. Steve and I were talking just a few weeks ago that we needed to find a mechanic to do a good run thru the truck and get things replaced - belts and such. We also need to look into new shocks and brakes this spring. It is time for all of those things to be done. I can't complain - this truck has been a great vehicle and it has lots of more years in it. I have started to think that we might do some re beautifying of it and get it looking new again and it will be like we have a brand new car. I love this little truck - I was so excited when my mom said I could have it when she bought her new one. She could have just traded it in, but she didn't and I am glad. Time to start putting a bit of money into her and getting her back to almost new.

Anyway, off to do laundry. I was going to save it and do it at Barbara's house, but I think I am just going to do it today at the terminal and leave with all clean clothes. So, laundry and I think I will crochet a bit in the midst of waiting for loads. Off I go, have a good day, T

No comments: