Friday, January 9, 2009

The Wonderful Wind

Hi Ya'll,
Well, our trip has finally run into a bit of a hitch. We were hoping to be into Vancouver, WA this evening, but alas, no such luck. Steve was driving thru the middle of Montana last night and got pulled off the road by the Road Gods (Montana Highway Patrol) due to high winds and blowing snow. We only have about 7000 pounds on our trailer and so that basically means that we are a giant wind sail. This makes it so we can't make it to our 1st stop by the time they close their doors this afternoon. So, we will get unloaded in Spokane, WA Sunday morning and then head into Vancouver Sunday afternoon. I am still not sure weather we will have a load waiting for us or if we will sit there over night. I was hoping for a visit with my Dad or Steve's brother, Rick, but I doubt that either of those things will be happening now. Bummer!

The black ice and snow is starting to melt in the canyon that is about 10 miles in front of me, so I am going to get going and get us into Missoula for a shower and a hot meal. Hope you all have a good day. Love you, T

No comments: