Friday, March 14, 2008

The guy who invented. . .

I have decided that the man who invented the big box type electronics store, should be shot. It makes it way too easy for electronic geeks, the one in my head shall remain nameless, to spend way too much money.

Said, nameless geek is currently at Fry's Electronics and he called me when he got there and told me he just stood in the middle of the entryway and was completely overwhelmed as to which way to go first. It is Geek Overload at it's finest and I just had to laugh. He then couldn't get me off the phone fast enough, cause he had things to gander at and I was interupting. I went to Fry's with him once, I don't think I will ever do it again. He likes wandering way too much, and I am a get what ya went in for and get the hell out kinda girl. Browsing is not my cup of tea.

I also made a mistake this week and talked to said nameless geek about what he might want for his birthday. Buying for him is impossible. He would much rather get a wad of cash or giftcards and go spend it himself. Even if I was to buy him the exact item - model, make, everything perfect - that he would have bought, he would have been happier getting to do the purchasing himself. This situation sucks for me, I guess it is his birthday and not mine, so I should do what makes him happy, but dammit, I wanna buy him a present that he is surprised about and that he doesn't want to return. Just once. Is that so much to ask? So far in our courtship and marriage I have only surprised him once and it was with a gift he couldn't return, even if he wanted to. I wrote him a poem and had it framed, I know, pretty gushy, but I was a newlywed, I had an excuse. I guess I had better just suck it up and get used to handing him a giftcard for his birthday/Christmas/every occasion, cause if I don't the next 30 years is gonna be really long.

Anyway, We are in L.A. I am headed into the shower and then I get to do wifely things - laundry and grocery shopping while we wait to find out where we head to next. So, I better get to it before I lose all ambition to accomplish anything.

Have a good day Ya'll, Just Tiff and Taz today.

No comments: