Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Takin' a break

Howdy Do, We are in Taylor, Michigan - it is on the southeast end of Detroit. I drove the last 100 miles into our terminal and docked our trailer, unhooked and grabbed an empty. We are now headed to Ohio to pickup a load of Baking Soda for the Walmart Distribution Center in LaGrange, Georgia - just south of Atlanta. This is an 850 miles trip, that many miles would usually take us less than a day, but we are going to be on a lot of back roads today, so it will take us a bit longer. We drive thru a bunch of Amish towns on our way to Arm & Hammer and so the going is really slow. I don't like being on little county roads and such, Steve loves it. But, since it is my drive shift and he did over 600 miles in 10 hours last night, I guess I have to suck it up and do it. I won't get alot of miles done today since it is a delivery and pick up day, but it will be busy just the same. I will just try not to get lost and have to wake Steve up. I have a tendency to get lost getting in and out of places. I get turned around in towns and always end up going the wrong direction. Steve gets frustrated, but we all have to have at least one weakness. heehee. Okay I guess I have procrastinated enough and I had better get moving.

Love and miss you all, Tiff (Steve and Taz are snoring, LOUD!)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

yo my trucking mama sister! I finnaly updated my blog (sorry it has been awhile). Thanks for the reminder call about Grandma's b-day, I don't what I would do without ya! Enjoy those Amish