Monday, March 24, 2008

Missoula, Montana. . . Still Winter

We have been seeing so many signs of spring. Lots of daffodils in medians and rest areas. Grass is greening up, snow is melting and the sand is dispersing. But, last night on our way into Spokane, Washington we had a couple big mountain passes to go over and Steve almost had to chain. This is a bullet the boy has been able to completely dodge. He hasn't had to chain since his class days, and that was a joke. The students take a tire in the classroom, not attached to anything and put chains on it. Nothing like real life. They don't even have to go outside and chain a truck, regardless of the weather. I am not looking forward to the day I have to teach him to chain. It is going to be a test of our marriage. I had to chain on my very first solo trip and so I think this bit of him driving for almost 2 years and still being a chaining virgin is very unfair. We will be on the side of the road, cold, muddy, loud and trying to teach him all at the same time. It would probably be easier to do it alone, but he has to learn eventually. I just dread the day.

I hope everyone's Easter was nice. I forgot it was Easter until it was too late in the evening to call anyone or email or anything. Oh, Well.

I had drama yesterday. We had pulled into our terminal in Missoula and showered and such. Steve had gone back to bed and I was finishing up some paperwork. I hit my hand on the steering wheel and the stone came out of my wedding ring. I am feeling very naked without my ring. I have the ring and the stone, so when we get into Orem at the end of the week I will take it to the jewelers. I have a few seconds of drama every time I unconsciously touch it and it isn't there. We are trying to decide weather I should get a plain band to wear on the truck and put my regular ring away, but I am having a hard time with that. I didn't realize how attached to the dumb thing I am. It would probably be best to not wear it, especially since I could lose the stone again and not be in the truck when it happened, then there would be major drama. I don't know if I will be logical about this or not, time will tell.

Well, it looks like we are going to spend a few days in Orem at the end of the week. We have to get our taxes done, my DOT physical, go to Sami's baptism, do Gma's hair, Taz to the vet and groomer, and on and on and on. Lots to do and not alot of time to do it in, but we will do what we can. Then we will be back on the road until the end of May, I think. I start to go crazy and need a break after about 6 or 7 weeks out. Steve could stay out indefinitely, but if he wants a happy co-driver he allows for the occasional pit stop.

Okay, this is getting really long, so I will let you all go.

Have a nice evening, I am going to bed soon and hopefully Steve will get at least 500 miles down the road before I get up.

Love you all, Steve, Tiff and The Taz Man

No comments: